Monday, September 7, 2009

Grrrrrr

People have been poking me lately about not updating this, and while I know I should have been, I was brought up to say if you can't say something nice, don't say anything. I've been rather irked with a number of people for a while, and at this point I'm just plain tired of it. So not posting keeps there from being additional drama.

So, what have I been up to?

First, once again, I've had to step forward as Team Captain for the Ivy League in the Alliance Tourney. I had tried to let someone else do it, but fate seems to enjoy stepping on me. We lost the first match, though I really feel if we'd faced anyone but COW and their 4 T2 battleships, we would have won. We had a good solid setup that I'm sure would have won any of the 3 matches we had from the last tourney. Oh well, secret plans for Match #2 are already in progress. Secret plans.

I've also been working on the ILN or Ivy League Navy. Some of you may know that we've implemented 3 battlegroups, based on playtime. The three BG's cover 3 overlapping time zones, so that it gives us more and better structure than we've had previously. I've also appointed Gibson Thunderbird as BG Coordinator, to hold the BG CO's feet to the fire as it were, and given him the rank of Rear Admiral. Yesterday I also posted two new standing orders for the battlegroups.

The first is that they conduct at least one patrol per week, during their timezone and keep a log of the patrols. Most commonly, they'll be facing pirates but it will also provide the newer players chances to learn fleet maneuvers on real operations. The second one makes the BG's responsible for fleet formation drills, to help get people used to queueing up for fleets properly and forming quickly.

Things to do....
Well, still working on my T2 production skills, so that I'll have isk. And I'm also in the process of rewriting our standard fleet formation procedures to go along with our consolidated war regulations. One thing about the Uni, there's always paperwork to do, no matter how much you try to hide from it.

No comments: