Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bored now.

I'm bored again, these war targets from both corps are utterly pathetic.  Some friends of ours are running something to keep people busy today and teach them some stuff, but I'm bored.  I miss actually /fighting/ wars, instead of just trying to keep from faceplanting onto my keyboard out of sheer boredom.  On the plus side, I'm going to be busy tomorrow, not with EVE but with fun things like hedge trimming and shingle replacing.  I would do it today but I'm not climbing on the roof or using power tools with cutting edges while this head cold has my head feeling like it's packed in cotton and stuck in a vise.

When is some INTELLIGENT and MONEY-HUNGRY software company going to remake X-COM, not in some stupid idiotic way but simply updating the things that make it great, turn based combat, creepy sounds and flaming awesome mix of the strategic and tactical fields of play.  They don't need to change X-COM's rules, just update graphics and such.  The core of the game is flaming perfect.

5 comments:

Your Name Here said...

Solid copy on X-Com. Maybe add another squad commander via network. :D

Kierrin Halcyon said...

No intelligent, money hungry software company will ever remake X-Com, as the intelligent, money-hungry ones recognize that turn-based strategy is such a niche market at this point that they'd not actually MAKE much money. I'd be all for a remake, but them's the breaks here, sadly.

Silentbrick said...

Yeah but funny how X-Com keeps being voted one of the best games ever and is still being played. Besides, they remake everything bad, so why not something good?

Kierrin Halcyon said...

Oh I totally agree there.

Bleep Blorp said...

It's funny looking at the post and comments in this post XCOM: Enemy Unknown remake world. But, damn, they really nailed the remake.