Sunday, March 11, 2012

Joy.....or rather, unjoy and annoying aggrevation.

For those that don't know, I work in the Oil Industry.  I'm an MWD Field Engineer.  Very very soon, as in, Tuesday, I go on vacation.  Apparently life has decided that until I am on vacation, I must endure hell.   The rig crew is surly and causing problems, our tool string, the sensors we run so we know where we are, are being highly picky and annoying while threatening to fail, and so far, no word on my relief to take my place.  Now all of this is part of the job, but why just before vacation? 

Honestly, it's not that bad.  I've actually learned a fair bit about troubleshooting and this will help me later, it's just frustrating.  It'd be nicer if I could really do more than log into eve as well since it's hard to get fast enough internet on the rigs to do it.

Still, there's a satisfaction knowing that you are doing something that creates things.  The oil and gas from this well will power cars, trains, ships and the gas will heat homes and create power.  But I've also been out here 40 days now and that gets a bit wearing.

No comments: