Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Muahahahahaha!

Well well well.  Things are changing.  First off, I have a new job and have moved back down to Texas.  While the new job will mean time in the field still, I will actually have a schedule which means that I will be able to have consistent and reliable online time  to play EVE again. 

I've already been spending a little time with the LSC crew, serving as heavy EW even though I dislike flying EW but our targets liked to whine about EW being unfair so naturally I wanted to fly it.

We're revamping the ILN and heading back to an older model that works and I know it works though we're updating it to ensure extra fleets for all Uni's and going to be spending more time guiding the path of the PVP's to ensure they are well rounded and can fly everything from frigs to sniper BC's to RR BS.

We've had a number of wars lately, without the annoying types of smacks that griefers tend to use so Bravo to our War Targets for bringing the fight.  Which brings up a misconception that I'd like to clear up.

Winning wars is great but it's not necessarily our goal during them.  Yes we want to end them fast but MY goal is that our regular and budding FC"s LEARN.  Learn to deal with kiter's , station campers, hit and run gangs, cloakies.  If we lose ships until they develop counters, so be it.  We're not a merc corp so losing a war but learning from it is okay.  As people know, I don't yell at people who take out fleets and learn, even if they take losses.  That's part of the learning process. 

Anyway, still in training, so back to classwork, be seeing you in EVE.

2 comments:

William C. Walker said...

Thing is, since our first objective is a quick end to the war, (even in your own words) then when the war ends, regardless of the ISK lost or killed, we've won that war.

The only war Uni ever truly loses is the war that never ends.

Silentbrick said...

That's more the Uni's goal though. I want people to learn. I do want the wars to end relatively quickly though, perma war sucks.